WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
You will be working on Utopia products targeted for artists, copyright holders and royalty collection societies. The products are built on the top of the Utopia data platform providing insights into vast amounts of music consumption data. You’ll work with the product teams to build extensive UI based on customer insights or musicologists requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, product managers and data analysts to build the right user experience for each customer category and use case.
- Develop an understanding of our customers and their “jobs to be done”.
- Craft intuitive and beautiful user experiences that are valuable for our customers.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- Good knowledge of React.js, GIT
- Good programming skills and good documentation skills
- Goal driven and product-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and also as a good team-worker
- Proficiency in English
NICE TO HAVE SKILLSET
- A bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Informatics or related field
- 2.5+ years of experience in Front-end development
- Having worked in a real-world company setting
- Experience with Back-Office Development
- Experience with D3.js and data visualization
- Experience with Docker, Next.js
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us
- You get a programming exercise and unlimited time to send us your solution
- You meet our lead developers for technical interview
- You meet our hiring manager for culture fit interview
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to be part of our global engineering team and work in an impact oriented, autonomous and empowered team. Our engineering hubs are in Stockholm, Helsinki and London but you can work from other locations as well.
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies
- Sublime office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our vibrant office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too!
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)