WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As a DataOps Engineer you’re part of the Engineering organization in the Infra team responsible for DevOps, DevSecOps, DataOps, and MLOps. In this role, you build tools and automate systems to improve our developer experience and operational excellence, which results in improved customer experience and value creation velocity. Your role is an important part of modernizing the music Industry.
- Promoting a DataOps approach to the data and engineering team to automate the provision, the testing, the monitoring of the multiple databases, and to ensure optimized ETL solutions and data quality.
- Jointly with Data Engineers, design, model, develop and maintain large, complex data sets to support exploratory analysis, ad-hoc reporting and statistical model-building
- Jointly with the MLOps, promoting a DataOps approach to the data science delivery process to automate the provision of data, testing and monitoring to reduce development cycles and increase deployment frequency.
- Jointly with the DevOps, develop and deploy systems to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiency of data systems through automation
- In general, define and operate reliable data pipelines
- Build data tools/products to suit the specific needs of all our stakeholders
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or comparable skills)
- Programming experience, preferably Python, Golang, Java and Node.js
- Experienced with BigQuery, MongoDB, SQL
- Experienced with Cloud Composer, Airflow,...
- Exposed to working in a cloud environment, in particular GCP
- Good understanding of delivering upon Infrastructure-as-Code, including Configuration-as-Code
- Experienced in CI/CD (deployment automation, Test automation, integrations)
- Highly knowledgable on data modeling (database selection and optimized models definition in regards to specific use-cases)
- Deep understanding of data integration and transformation patterns such as messaging, ETL
- Hands-on experience with traditional data warehouse technologies and Business Intelligence or visualization tools
- Experience in database optimization, data replication, database recovery, DR failover and HA solutions, and performance tuning
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us
- You get a technical test and unlimited time to send us your solution
- You meet the internal team for the technical interview
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Benefits depend on location.
- Flexible remote policy so if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved to our locations from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)