WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As Senior Financial & Reporting Accountant you will have the unique opportunity to help shape the Finance function to become a truly digitized, agile and forward-thinking force. In this role you will focus on the monthly financial reporting of our subsidiaries. Together with the ERP Finance Manager and Business Stakeholders you will be organizing the implementation of our new ERP solution that can keep up with the needs of a scaling organization.
You will initially operate in an unstructured environment where processes still have to be set up. You will also need to work initially on all levels, including nuts and bolts accounting until we grow the team. You are innovative and recognize that the way we worked yesterday will not be the way we work tomorrow, use analytics in your decision making and seek to digitalize the function where possible. Attention to inclusion and diversity is a given. We bring transparency, fairness and efficiency to the music industry, and that is also what we value in our way of working.
The role is based at Utopia`s global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
- Reporting to the Head of Finance
- Working closely with the ERP Finance Manager
- International Utopia business units and entities
- Remote accounting contacts
- Support the Head of Finance with the consolidation of Utopia`s multiple entities
- Responsible for driving standardization and controls for all Finance and Accounting matters
- Implementation of and compliance with our Internal Control System (ICS) and accounting policies
- Project management/ coordination of our ERP implementation: Organisation of deliverables and track deadlines
- Set up the main modules Finance, O2C, P2P and consolidation in cooperation with the external implementation partner
- Lead on the development of financial controls whilst streamlining processes within the finance function and cross functional
- Key user for Treasury tools and other ERP interfaces to be implemented
- Support the monthly closing process and reporting of the results
- Support cash flow planning, AP/AR and treasury activities
- Act as a subject matter expert in areas such as acquisitions, integrations and other projects
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- Great passion and multiple years of practical experience in international financial accounting & reporting (IFRS / GAAP / general accounting)
- Deep accounting domain expertise to be able to lead the function and make the right trade-offs
- Tech savvy with strong IT skills. You build, shape and own the systems environment
- You have experience with and love for ERP implementations
- Highly analytical and numerical with the ability to execute
- Strategic, yet very hands-on. In a scaling startup its all hands on deck
- Self-starter, forward-thinking, goal oriented. Confident to act and work autonomously
- Authentic, trustworthy, reliable, a team player!
- Strong problem solving skills
- Resilient, able to work under pressure and cope with a fast changing environment
- Bsc/Msc in Finance / Accounting
- 5-7+ years of proven and professional experience in accounting and financial reporting on a senior level
- Experience in ERP implementations, experience with global ERP solutions
- Proven track record of establishing and optimizing scalable finance structures and processes in a high growth environment
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with limited structure and resources, preferably in the Tech sector and start-up environment
- Knowledge of Swiss standards (SCO/FER) and IFRS
- International mindset - we are a very international bunch
- Fluent in and comfortable with English as a company language. Additional languages are a plus!
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Interview with TA to learn more about you
- Interview with Head of Finance
- Interview with M&A Integration Director
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Benefits depend on location.
Flexible remote policy so if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved to Switzerland from countries outside the EU. We are only recruiting within Switzerland for this position.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)