WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
Utopia Music offers a unique opportunity to be integral in shaping the Finance function in a fast growing company. We are doubling our headcount every year and aim to expand both organically and through an active M&A strategy.
As Senior M&A Integration Accountant you will onboard, integrate and streamline newly acquired companies and ensure the common set of Utopia guidelines and policies are applied across all companies. Collaborating with the M&A Integration Director and the corporate Finance Team you will be building a finance framework that can keep up with the needs of a scaling organization.
You are innovative, use analytics in your decision making and seek for digitized solutions where possible. Attention to inclusion and diversity is a given. We bring transparency, fairness and efficiency to the music industry, and that is also what we value in our way of working.
The role is based at Utopia’s global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland and requires extensive travel. This position will report to M&A Integration Director.
- Reporting to the M&A Integration Director
- Local finance teams at acquired companies
- Members of the Utopia group Finance team
- External stakeholders (audit, tax, legal)
- Transaction Support: participate in financial and tax due diligence, manage financial aspects of deal structuring
- Obtain a profound understanding of financial accounts, systems and processes of the acquired entities
- Onboarding, integrating and streamlining newly acquired companies into the Utopia financial landscape
- Implementation of our Internal Control System and Accounting Policies at acquired companies and ensuring ongoing compliance with Utopia’s control framework
- Roll out and development of our ERP and reporting systems at acquired entities
- Support local finance teams with their monthly closing process and reporting of results
- Assist the Utopia group finance team in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Conducting financial inquiries
- Training of local staff
- Participation on finance projects
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- Great passion and practical accounting experience in an international environment
- +7 years of accounting experience, concentrated on an audit company/ multinational enterprise
- BSc/MSc in Financial Accounting
- Availability to travel internationally up to 60% is a must!
- Self-starter, confident to act and work autonomously
- Good communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- First-rate problem solving skills, can-do mentality
- An analytical mind with a keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Tech savvy, strong IT skills
- Deadline-oriented and an ability to deal with time constraints
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written) in English, additional language skills are considered a plus
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Intro interview with TA to learn more about you
- Interview with member of Finance team
- Interview with M&A Integration Director
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Benefits depend on location.
Flexible remote policy so if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved to Switzerland from countries outside the EU. We are only recruiting within Switzerland for this position.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)