We’re looking for a passionate engineering leader who strives to solve problems for customers, is proud of their craft, cares about their people, is hungry to learn more and loves music! We will put your unique strengths to work towards getting fair pay for every play - our mission.
WHAT IS UTOPIA MUSIC
Utopia Music is a Fintech platform operating in the Music Industry that exists to ensure, enable, protect, and conserve “Fair Pay for Every Play” through accurate recognition, acknowledgment, and compensation for Creator Rights by providing collection societies, labels, distributors, publishers, and creators with modern and effective tools. The goal of Utopia is to eliminate the data gap and fix the knowledge gap along the way, helping the Music industry grow significantly.
You lead one of the major engineering organizations, responsible for building the products for the Music Distribution Services business unit, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. You’re responsible for the outcomes, quality of the tech and the people you manage. We believe in the modern approach to building tech products with empowered cross-functional product teams, which include software engineering, product management, data and design. Together with the business unit leadership team, you lead the organization to innovate and create incredible products changing the music industry for better.
It’s all about the outcomes in Utopia. Here are some basic responsibilities for an engineering leader, but you will shape them to match your strengths to achieve the outcomes we’re after.
- Shaping business unit strategy and execution plan together with the business unit leadership team.
- Leading your engineering teams to successfully execute against the objectives, key results and the strategy.
- Building the organization necessary to fulfill the strategy, including hiring the right people, ensuring team health, supporting your people, enabling growth paths for people and managing performance.
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships to work effectively across organizations.
- Making the company better through engaging in company-wide efforts like recruiting, diversity & inclusion, processes, site strategy and more.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
We expect you to care about people and be passionate about building great products and winning teams. The years of experience are just a guidance - what counts is what you have achieved and how.
- Proven success in technical leadership for 10+ years
- Experience in strategy development, program management and engineering execution
- Experience building software powered products operated as SaaS in a public cloud, built with agile methods.
- Integration, mobile app development.
- Passionate about user experience and operational excellence.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- High integrity, self awareness and empathy.
- Additional points for experience with multi-cloud infra, on-prem, and ERP systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is an opportunity to be part of making the music industry better with a team of passionate tech and music people to achieve Fair Pay for Every Play.
- As an engineering leader, you will be part of our engineering leadership team where we support and learn from each other.
- You will have a mentor outside your own organization to support your growth.
- You will be part of the business unit leadership team together with Business, Product, Data and Design leaders, giving you an opportunity to learn from these cross-functional peers.
- An inclusive workplace with people from multiple countries, cultures and backgrounds using English as the company and casual language.
- Great colleagues to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies from Spotify to Facebook and more.
- Working with impact-oriented, autonomous and empowered teams.
We want to make the process as simple as possible for you. The key thing is to have good discussions with our key people to make sure your strengths are aligned with the opportunity we have here.
- Send us your CV, LinkedIn profile or a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- “On site” interviews covering people management and leadership, working style, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Meeting the Team.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives! We’re eager to meet you! :)